How to Access the Internet from Home
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi at home.
- Note: Midway ISD is not your internet service provider at home.
- Make sure you have a check mark next to your home wireless network and press the “i” which should show that you have an IP address
- Open Safari
- Once you launch Safari close all of the tabs and go to http://www.midwayisd.org. This will verify that your iPad has connectivity.
- If this works open a new tab and try and access any valid website (example: http://google.com). You should be redirected to an iBoss authentication page.
- If prompted, press the continue button to accept the certificate. This step could take 30-60 seconds.
- On the iBoss authentication page enter your Midway username and password, press go, then press the Login button.
- After pressing the login button it may take 30-60 seconds to successfully connect. Once successfully logged you’ll have access for 8 hours. Once the 8 hour window has passed you’ll have to re-authenticate through iBoss.
Note: If you get an error about a “proxy” close the tab and try again. The iBoss authentication page should repopulate.
Q: I tried opening the Edmodo app at home, but it didn’t work, why not?
A: The first thing you have to do after you connect to your home network is open Safari and authenticate through the iBoss authentication page. If you don’t perform this step first, the app you’re using may not be able to properly connect to its internet resources.
If you are having an issue connecting from home email [email protected] with the details of your problem and we will contact you.